Hootsuite Reflection

This week I dove into Hootsuite Social Marketing training as apart of my class. This course is very easy-to-follow, with well put together and easy to understand videos and short quizzes that help you really know if understand what you are learning by popping up in the middle of the lesson. I'm really a fan of learning this way because I was able to go at my own pace and that is so helpful when you have ADHD. I also enjoyed being able to use Hootsuite with my own social networks and play around with the different tools you can use.

Here a few of my favorite lessons from the course:

Optimizing Your Social Media Profiles
I liked this because similarly to the book I just got done reading, The Art of Social Media, it stresses the importance of social media optimization. It's important to understand how a business page is different and the different tactics you can use to stand out.

Engaging, Growing and Leveraging Your Social Media Audience
My favorite part of this is it wasn't just about being able to take something from your consumers but also providing a community that could value from.

Social Advertising Fundamentals
This section was beneficial because you are often stressed the importance of social ads but Hootsuite broke it down by platform and really demonstrated how you use each for advertising.

Throughout my college career at GC, I've been given now three opportunities to learn how to use Hootsuite and become certified without having to pay for it myself. I'm thankful for this because many the professionals already working in the field aren't given the chance. However, because of this, my assignment was modified a little bit and along with completing the Social Marketing training, I got to watch a few webinars from Hootsuite. Check out my thoughts on those in a separate blog post.

Overall, learning Hootsuite has been a great tool. I've already been able to use it without hassle in the professional world in my previous and current internship. Currently, I get to manage Instagram and Facebook for a student housing community and it's been great to use Hootsuite to schedule post around our events and new specials as well use it as a listening tool to help us stay above to competition in this over-saturated market. Hootsuite really is a great tool to have in your belt and I'm excited to continue using it and learning from it.

Comments

Popular Posts