Using Hootsuite For My Internship

I'm about half-way through my summer internships at Magnolia Park Apartments. As a student- housing community in an over saturated market, they recently created the position for a social media intern. They've been through 4 semesters of interns and when I got it were still complaining that they couldn't get someone to maintain consisting and relevant posting. To combat this issue I introduced them to the Hootsuite platform. I learned and became certified in Hootsuite through two different courses last year, so I figured this was the best opportunity for me to apply that knowledge.


Using Hootsuite to schedule post and monitor the content calendar
So I started with asking the managers what they thought was a consistent posting schedule for the more general content, they felt like every day was the best option but because I knew between events and leasing specials we would probably overdo it, so we compromised on three times a week. I plan out the content on a monthly basis. Using Hootsuite is beneficial for this because you can save time and effort by uploading, editing, and scheduling all of the social media posts at once. Although I'm only using Instagram and Facebook, it still saves a lot of hassle by being able to only create the one post to publish on two platforms.

Using the content calendar feature was very helpful because after I compose all the posts, it is easy to see if I accidentally scheduled two posts back to back and compare it to our event calendar to see if I need to delay that post because we would already be posting from the event.

Along with the analytics provided by the individual platform, I'm using Hootsuite to get a clear understanding of post performance across channels. The best part of this feature is that the reports I can create help to me to present the information to my managers in a way that they can understand. The monitoring feature of Hootsuite is also quite helpful when keeping up with our competition.

Overall, I think not only has the company been able to benefit from this resource I have as well in my learning process. I can better understand interpreting analytics and how to apply that information for future posting. I'm excited to continue using Hootsuite.

Comments

Popular Posts