The Future Of Technology

If you've ever watched the TED Talk by Nicholas Negroponte, the journey we've made in technology can seem so overwhelming and astonishing at the same time. He highlights some of the world-changing technology advancements of the past that people thought we couldn't do, including early touch screens and reading books and newspapers via the internet. He discussed the mind-blowing interactions of children and tablet. He talks about where he thinks we're headed and makes a wild prediction. “My prediction is that we are going to ingest information—we’re going to swallow a pill and know English and swallow a pill and know Shakespeare,” he says. “It will go through the bloodstream and it will know when it’s in the brain and, in the right places, it deposits the information.” It seems ridiculous to think of but I wouldn't be surprised.

I never really thought about where technology is going. I know it's going to be fast though, it seems like every day there is something new being crowdfunded or developed.

In 10 years ... I think we will just have upgraded most of the things we've already created. An endless amount of smart appliances and AI's meant to assist us at home and in offices. I'm not taking away from to resourcefulness of the upgrades but I don't expect anything super exciting. Perhaps, a few new advancements in using technology in healthcare because that is a pretty popular trend. I also hope by then we've effectively figured out how to mainstream solar energy. Perhaps research into one-in-all transportation that drive, flies and sails will be on the forefront too!!

In 20 years ... I think we will shake thing up a little bit by then. It will be a cashless, wireless, artificial and hopefully eco-friendly society. With the growing interest in biotech, I think we will have a few more people walking around with fully bionic body parts. I think we may have holographic technology that is available to everyday users, probably spearheaded by the wireless companies and/or the retail industry. I hope we've figured out to make taking care of the environment easier with technology.

In 50 years ... I honestly don't know. I hope that a lot of the under-funded innovations you see nowadays that could bring people of poverty or reduce world hunger and homelessness have made it big and are being used to change the world. Other than that, I think technology will look a lot different and perhaps a lot simpler as the younger generations are born into a world that doesn't know the digital age, technology innovation will probably just be what everyone does for fun by then.

I hope that for as long as I do live, I get to see society use technology and it's advancements for good and to really create an impact.

Comments

Popular Posts